Favourites

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Penniless

I was working with the 'Weekly Mail' for some months in 1993, as a freelancer. I can openly say that we photographers are the least paid community when compared to the other press personal.

I was running short of money, a situation I have faced a lot of times in my life. Such times I become utterly restless and dulled. Frequent borrowings of money in the past, had made me severe my links with some of my good friends.  It was not for them to blame, but I myself. What Shakespeare  said once is an absolute truth.

"Neither a borrower or a lender be"

The journey to Sudan was an abruptly arranged one.I had again to borrow funds from some of my colleagues.

One of our regional proverbs---A man who has no money to meet his and his families' basic needs, is equal to a dead corpse.

1 comment:

  1. I request you to go through the blog. It may do you good.

    ReplyDelete